CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mothers Day!

Happy Mothers Day to me and all the mothers out there. I feel like there has been a lot of hype about this mothers day in comparison to past mothers days. Most of it has been directly connected to the election year, but I've noticed a lot of hype outside of politics as well. Whether from news headlines or from my own personal experiences, mothers of ever kind deserve a day to honor what they do, or what they have done, or to be remembered for what they did. So, if you like me found yourself studying up on the best methods to remove Vaseline from your 3 year old's hair because washing it somehow only made it worse, then this mothers day is for you. If you spent 15 minutes of your day sweeping up an entire box of Cocoa Puffs that your 16 month old dumped on the floor because she wanted a snack, then you probably deserve a day just for you. If you have dedicated the first 6-8 Saturdays of your Spring to shuttling your 5 year old to and from soccer games, dance rehearsals, and recitals, then you most certainly deserve a day of recognition. My heart especially goes out to mothers who's hearts and arms are aching this year for babies they have loved and lost of all ages, and to anyone of any age who finds themselves missing the mother they love. Life is never easy, and nothing is harder thank yearning for the ones we love who have left us behind, or the ones we hope to love in the future. Hang in there, and know that the pain and grief that you feel, as much as it hurts, and as much as you hate it, is a sacred feeling. It is evidence of the mother your are, and the mother you have, and all the wonderful joy and love that motherhood brings to every life it touches, and motherhood touches every life. And that is why everyone is entitled to a Happy Mothers Day wish. To my crazy monkeys who I can't squeeze and kiss enough, and who also drive me to the edge of my sanity on a daily basis, thank you for helping me understand this amazing blessing of being a mother and the deep level of love and joy that it brings to my life. I never knew I could worry so constantly, smile so quickly, laugh so innocently, or love so deeply until you came into my life. Thank you to my sweet husband who helps me every step of the way, and brings me back to sanity after a long and challenging day. I'm so grateful to have such a strong and grounded man to tag team my responsibilities with as we raise a family together. No one knows my blatant weaknesses and shortcomings in motherhood more than he does, yet no one encourages me more. I'm a lucky girl, and a heck of a lucky mother.

1 comments:

The Hargrave Clan

Why do you always write such good stuff? Seriously. I need a box of kleenex every time I read your blog. And by the way, you are a FANTASTIC mom, one of the best. Happy Mother's Day! :)

Post a Comment