CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Down a New Road

So that post makes it sound like we are coming up on a major life change, but that is so not the case. We've just had a few things happen around here that I'm beginning to realize are signs of change.
Lucy
First of all, Lucy is constantly getting older, and just a few days ago I looked at here and she took my breath away. Since Tangled came out she has been adamant about growing her hair out. That should have been my first clue. She suddenly had extreme passion about something that she didn't care at all about a year ago. Now that almost a year has passed her hair is long, her eyes are piercing, and her facial features are maturing daily. When I looked at her a week or so ago it hit me like a ton of bricks that my little girl is growing up. She doesn't look little, she looks like a pre-teen. She is beautiful.
As if this realization weren't enough of an adjustment, she lost her first tooth on Saturday. I have a kid that is old enough to be losing teeth! When and how did that happen? Today, she started playing soccer. She is so talented athletically, so coordinated. It makes it fun to watch her try new things. And trying new things is something that this little girl takes seriously. Whether it is piano, violin, dance, or soccer, she puts on a face of concentration that says so much. Whatever she does in life she does well, and I couldn't be more proud to be here mom.
Jack
My little boy is my little man. I love how much boy he has in him. Whether he is staring you down with his pirate scorn, or he is hugging you tenderly around the neck, this little boy knows exactly what needs to be done to nestle his way into your heart and get comfy. He hates watching Lucy try all the fun new things and being too little to get to try. The whole soccer thing is killing him. But I love that he is my toddler, and if that means I have to put out a few fires of jealously so I can keep him at this precious age just a little longer then I will gladly do it.
Alivia
What can I say about this little thing? She is a wild and crazy ball of activity. Today was a hard day with her due to teething. Poor thing is cutting 4 molars at once. She is getting so expressive lately and I love it. She will have a full conversation with you if you let her. You won't understand a thing she says, but you won't regret it either, because it is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. I think I need to capture that on a video clip before its lost forever. She is walking much better now, and while she took her first steps about a month ago, she is beginning to realize that walking can be her main mode of transportation. This scares the crap out of me.
At the end of the day there isn't much more to say other thank I love my kids.

0 comments:

Post a Comment