CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 1: Trapped by Freezing Weather

It is currently -7 degrees outside, but the weather channel tells me it feels like -38 degrees, and it's 4:30 in the afternoon, meaning it's the warmest it has been all day. It's so cold that NO ONE is leaving their house. This means I've been cooped up all day with a 4 year old who never stops talking, an almost 2 year old who is always on the go, and a 3 week old who spends every hour that she is awake eating or crying. After all this quality time with my kids in such confined spaces, I've watched helplessly as Jack has learned to climb on everything.

So far today Jack has climbed onto the counter and around the sink to get the scissors out of the kitchen window seal. I didn't discover this one until he climbed back down onto the counter, then the chair, then the floor and came running (of course) around the corner opening and closing them as he went. I'm so lucky he didn't fall with them because he is so clumsy. Later he went on to pore cups full of water out of the kitchen sink onto the floor while I was feeding the baby. He only discovered he could do this after he helped himself to a brownie, which he ate right out of the pan. The finger prints in the brownies, on the counter, walls and chair left a trail which lead to his chocolate covered face. I also found the apple I gave him to snack on while I fed the baby, which he ate, core and all. Should I be concerned about that? I found what was left, which was about 1/8th of the very top of the apple (including the stem), sitting in the sink where he was playing with the water. I'm really hating that he has discovered how to move the chairs from our dining room table around the kitchen to get whatever it is his heart desires.

0 comments:

Post a Comment