CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 10: A Day on the Town

Today was a little crazy. I've been dying to get out of the house this week because Shawn had to take my car to work for the last 3 days due to the weather. Today was my day to escape. After a late start this morning Shawn texted asking if I could bring the baby to work to show her off. So I did. We left our house at 12:30, went to lunch with daddy, and then headed to the office. The kids were a big hit and it was great to get to meet everyone in the office. Guess what? My husband works with about 100 women! Lucky for me they are not as hot as me, and most wouldn't fall into our age group on a demographic survey (wow, hopefully no one from the office ever reads this, because they don't know me well enough to know that I'm totally kidding).

When we left the house the plan was to visit dad, come home, get our dance stuff, and then head to dance. Yeah, that didn't happen because it took WAY too long at the lunch and the office. Lucy had an off the charts melt down when she realized that she was going to have to dance in her jeans instead of in a tutu and tights. She was just distraught, convinced that she wasn't going to be "pretty". I mean she absolutely flipped and and pushed me to the edge in the process. I had to give her these choices several times: 1- dance in our jeans, 2- dance in our underwear, or 3- go home right now and go straight to bed. It took us both 20 minutes to cool down enough to get her out of the car. But as mad as I was at her, I was so sad for her too, and furious with myself for forgetting her dance clothes. I wanted to run to the store and buy her some right then and there. She kept saying things like "Mom, I won't look pretty if I'm not in a tutu!" and "Miss Jessica won't think I'm pretty." or "Miss Jessica won't tell my I'm pretty, and my hair is messed up." I had no idea how much she liked dressing up like a ballerina every week.

In the end we both learned lessons. Me: I will never again forget dance clothes, EVER! Lucy: We don't get what we want by throwing a phenomenal temper tantrum even if you actually make mom feel terrible (this has been happening a lot lately, the tantrums, I think it's adjusting to the baby). Oh, and it didn't matter that we forgot her clothes because it was costume fitting day anyway, so they didn't dance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment