CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 15: Yoga

The big event of my day was getting out to do some Yoga with some girls in my ward. We all met up at the church and let our kids run wild in the nursery while we took some much needed time to recharge our batteries. I love yoga. I've only done it a handful of times, but it might be one of my favorite exercises. It feels so good to start your day with stretches. I'm not so into all the psychology behind it all, and I'm not going to lie, I'm not a big fan of psychology, I find it to be mental. Sorry to all you psychologists out there, or those of you with minors in psychology (Shawn). But I love the physical side of yoga. I love working on my flexibility, balance, and challenging my body to do a little more. Seriously, I love it.

Unfortunately it's not all that easy to get a good hour of yoga in each day with kids. Lucy loves to do my "stretches" with me, which is really cute. Since Lucy likes to do my stretches with me, guess who else likes to park his little fanny right in the middle of my mat to do "retches" too? My little moose, Jack (I don't know why, but he reminds me of a moose, he just has a moose personality, and I love it!) Aside for that, I've had a strict policy since Alivia was born that if she is sleeping in, so am I. As a result, Jack has started calling for Lucy in the mornings instead of me, and after naps too. I'm pathetic, I know. But if I sleep until Alivia wakes up, that means that she is up when I am trying to do some Yoga. Turns out 5 week old babies don't want you to do anything without them, and it's not so easy to enjoy a relaxing yoga exercise if you have the soothing sound of a screaming baby. This caused a problem or two while I was trying to stretch with my friends today, and I spent a good chunk of my time shifting her around or trying to stretch with her laying on my tummy.

So I've decided that I'm getting up when Shawn gets up tomorrow (something that hasn't happened since Alivia was born) and I'll come down and do some uninterrupted stretching. I'm actually getting really excited thinking about it right now, but we'll see if I'm as enthusiastic in the morning. All said and done I hope to have a productive day tomorrow, and I've learned that the key to that is starting my morning off right. A good yoga exercise get's my blood going enough that I can stay awake for a good morning scripture study (which is something I can do while feeding a baby), and if I start my day like that, it makes A WORLD of difference for the rest of my day. Hopefully this is a habit that I can set and keep, all I need to do is convince myself that I am a morning person. No wonder I haven't succeeded in this yet in life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment