CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 11: Addictive Reads





Today I feel like such a useless mom. I woke up to Lucy and Jack asking for breakfast, and once I took care of them, I went back upstairs to wait for Alivia to ask for her breakfast. I decided that it wouldn't hurt to lay back down as I waited and rest my eyes, she was stirring anyway. So an hour later I woke up with Alivia. I have no idea what happened in that hour since Lucy had lost TV privileges for the day, but the house was still in tact and no one was bleeding.

As I sat down to feed Alivia I decided I would just read one chapter of Mockingjay, the third book in the Hunger Games series. Have you ever tried to read just one chapter of any of those books? Yeah, pretty sure it's not possible. So once again, and hour later I was able to pry myself from my book and get my kids dressed and ready for the day.

At this point I've wasted 2 hours of my day, but I'm well aware of this, so I decided to make my bed and straighten my room. By the time I finish this, Alivia is ready to eat again, so I sat down with my book again, and guess what? I lost another hour and a half. By the time I pulled myself out of my book this time, I panicked because I had no idea what time it was and Alivia had a doctors appointment at 2. Luckily it was only 11:30.

I had just enough time to get myself ready, feed the kids lunch, and load the herd into the car (possibly the hardest part). As I drove across town to the doctor I couldn't help but feel like the most worthless mom in the world. I wasted my whole morning because of this book, and it was just another tally on a long list of wasted days that these Hunger Games Books have caused in my life as of late. So here is my conclusion: if you are looking for some really good books to read, these are the ones to go for. However, if you have any responsibilities in your life, be responsible in your reading, because I'm not.


0 comments:

Post a Comment