CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 14: Valentines Day

This post is a day late, but it's only because of technical problems. Our scanner is freaking out on me, and it always has since we bought this new all-in-one printer. I never had a problem with the old all-in-one printer, but this one won't let me scan. As a result, I've had to wait for Shawn to come home and show me what in the heck I'm doing with it.

With three kids, it's impossible to do anything that involves going out on Valentines Day. It's not fair for us to ask family or friends to watch our kids because they are all trying to go out themselves. It's not smart or fair to try to take the kids out with us, do you know how many people we would inconvenience with 3 kids under the age of 5 in a restaurant? Not to mention it wouldn't be an escape, more of a trap. And last I checked it was illegal to just leave your kids home unattended, not to mention slightly inhuman. So this year Shawn and I planned a little date at home. I made him is favorite dinner and intended to have the house immaculate for him when he got home, but the latter didn't happen due to an extremely fussy and demanding baby. We also rented a movie and had a delicious dessert, and got each other some small gifts. Shawn got me a gift certificate to a salon, something I am very excited about. I got Shawn a hat, because I think he has needed a new one for the past 2 years.

The plan for our evening was so sweet, and we were both looking forward to it so much, but our kids had a different plan. Jack and Lucy have started fighting, and I think last night they were trying to perfect this skill. By the time we had them eating dinner, Shawn and I were both taking deep breaths to get us through the night. Alivia was a whole other matter. She decided at about 4:00 that she needed to start screaming for no apparent reason. She started crying, and did not stop until about 9:45. We spent the whole night bouncing, walking, swinging, and of course feeding that little girl, and finally she just shut off out of sheer exhaustion. As Shawn gave me my card with my gift last night, it was all too appropriate, so I will include it below, just as soon as Shawn can find one minute to help me figure out our stupid scanner that hates me. It's the perfect summary to our Valentines Day 2011.

0 comments:

Post a Comment