CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 24: Uhhhh...

So I don't have a subject today. It was just another day of survival mode. I survived.

I'm a loser and missed my post last night, so I totally faked it just now. By faked it, I totally tried to pretend that I wrote it yesterday, because that is exactly what I was planning on writing yesterday, but I didn't. I had good reason though. I told Shawn two nights ago about about 12:45 that I wanted to start a new rule. I decided that we are going to have a rule that the computer has to be off by 11:00 every night. Shawn and I are just so bad at getting off the computer. We get going with blogging, checking emails, facebook, cougarboard, news posts about the Cougars, online shopping (even though I have no money and don't buy anything), looking for design inspiration for my house that has me lost, etc. Anyway, there is always something else to look up. I'm still waiting for the day when I finish the internet, like that guy in that commercial. So yeah, we both jump on to just check our email really quick and it turns into at least an hour and a half, and we don't know how. It kind of makes me feel like we are losing control of our lives, like the internet is taking over us. So I start simple. Computer off by 11:00 every night.

So far we're at 50%. Last night we shut it down no problem, even though it meant that I didn't get my post in on time. Tonight, we're doing a little worse, but the rule still stands, even through it is 11:06 right now. I just had to finish this post now, so that I can get off and shut it down. Even though we blew it a little tonight, and by we I mean I, it's still worth fighting for. It's good to prove to yourself that you have control, it's like fasting really, kind of the same concept, only not so spiritually rewarding.

That said, kids were pretty good today. Day was insane. Doctor appointment this morning, home for lunch, off to dance. One awesome thing happened while I was out to dance with Lucy. Dance is on the other side of town, and I got about a mile away from dance and realized I just wasn't going to make it on the gas I had. So I pulled off and put 3 gallons in because I knew the station up the street was 10 cents a gallon cheaper. Dropped Lucy off, filled up for $2.89 (with my 10 cents a gallon discount a King Soopers). Went and picked Lucy up, then went back to King Soopers to pick up my meds when I noticed that the gas prices had raised 10 cents since I filled up! When I filled up it was $2.99 a gallon. Now it was $3.09 a gallon. Loved that I filled up when I did. After dance I tried taking all 3 kids to the fabric store. BAD IDEA. So it was Chipotle for dinner, but it's okay because we had a BOGO at Chipotle today. LOVE IT! Kids went to bed and yeah, I'm tired. I'll have to wait until some time tomorrow to create my Etsy shop idea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment