CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 20: Happy Half Birthday Shawn!

Today, obviously, was Shawn's half birthday. To celebrate, we did a lot of things half way.

We woke up this morning to the sound of Lucy scolding Jack for coloring on the walls of our hall way with the infamous blue sharpie of yesterday because guess what? I only hid the sharpie half way. I thought he couldn't reach it way up on his dresser, but it turns out he can because he's a climber.

By the time I reached the scene of the crime, I was able to see that Lucy (the sweet little thing) was trying to wash off the marker, which she was only able to do half way, even with Mr. Clean. It mostly just smeared around tinting a large area of our wall blue while washing off our flat paint, the bain of my existence.

We spent half the day way Shawn on his half birthday. There were a lot of meetings to attend today. :)

The kids and I made it half way to church before it started.

Jack got up enough courage to half way kiss his little girl friend Penny on the cheek. Really he just walked up to her all excited, started leaning in, and then chickened out.

I got tithing half way paid. The check and the slip are all filled out, but by the time we got it to the clerk after church, they were done counting for the day, so we will save it for next week.

Jack played basketball in the gym after church with a sacrament cup, which one time he threw it up half way to the hoop.

Alivia even joined in on the fun by having a half way blow out. She only blew out through one of her legs when clearly there was enough crap there to accomplish an spectacular blow out from both legs and up the back.

Before putting Lucy and Jack to bed we made some cookies half way. We got the dough all made and ate some, but I wasn't going to wait the 8 minutes it takes to cook those babies before putting my kiddos to bed. They'll enjoy the finished product tomorrow, though they weren't at all disappointed with licking the beaters and eating small handfuls of cookie dough.

Once the kids were in bed I watched the last half of not one, but two movies that I watched the first half of last night.

And that pretty much sums up Shawn's half birthday. Hey, it was a successful day of halves! So successful that Shawn was only half way aware of any of this, because none of it was planned. I guess I was just in a half-a mood.

But aside from all the half way stuff, I have to say that Jack and Lucy could not have been two cuter kids today. In sacrament meeting Jack was melting hearts, and not just mine (which isn't hard for him to do), but everyone around us. He and Lucy were coloring and sharing snacks and folding their arms (or in Jack's case, covering his eyes) during the prayers. Jack only yelled "AMEN" once today, which is a big improvement from last week. He even whispered half the time, mush have been in honor our the half birthday. Jack was so happy to see his dad that he just wanted to sit on Shawn's lap with his head on his shoulder during sacrament. Poor Shawn was heart broken when Jack begged him not to go to his meeting tonight. We're all excited for a slower week coming up. Jack really missed his daddy yesterday, we all did. But I really wish I could have caught them on video today during sacrament meeting. They were priceless. Just had to document that because most Sundays I take that little guy and girl to nursery and primary respectively with a small twitch in my eye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment