CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 19: Blue Sharpie

So, I have this marker, a blue Sharpie. I don't know why I have the marker, but it works great, so I would never throw it away. I never need a blue Sharpie, I only black ones, but I have this blue one. I can recall 2 times in the last year that I have seen this Sharpie in use. Unfortunately both those times have been in the hands of Jack, and I never actually saw him using it, just caught the after math.

The first time I saw him use this marker was about a year ago, when I noticed he had it in his little hand, and it didn't have a lid. That is when I realized he had colored all over my stairs with it. THANK GOODNESS my stairs are wood and not white carpet (like my other stair case), that could have gotten really bad. But after a little scrubbing with Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser, we were good to go.

Today one of my very best friends in the whole world, Haley, called, and I love when she calls, she is just so much fun. So we were chatting away, and I just didn't notice Jack climbing up on my desk, closing my computer, then climbing on it to dig through my pens. Guess what he found? Yep, the blue Sharpie. Unfortunately for me, I didn't notice this because I was so enjoying an adult conversation (Shawn has been super busy this week with church stuff, work and more church stuff, so I've been a little desperate). As I was talking to my friend, I had to go upstairs for some reason, and that's when I saw Jack peeking around the corner of his door, and honestly I have never seen a child with a more suspicious look on his face. Just thinking about how poorly he covered himself makes me laugh out loud. He knew he was doing something naughty, and so did I, and he knew I knew, and it was all over his little face. So funny.

When I walked up to him I saw the same old blue Sharpie, lid off. I took it away and he had a melt down, but he knew that was a no no. Then I walked into his room and found that he had colored all over his growth chart in his room. I was sad that he did that, but only for a second because I realized I can just put another fresh piece of paper over the one he colored on, remark the two measurements I took, and we're good as new. I even have that exact paper in the basement so no harm done. It was actually really cute to me that he did that because I had just measured him today, and that is where he got the idea. Cute little bug. I love when you can see how their minds are working. Shoot, even when he is naughty he is cute.

So I went on with my conversation with my friend until we couldn't hear each other anymore because we both had screaming boys in the back ground. Then I hung up and went to get Jack's shoes so we could go to Target. That's when I noticed the real damage he did in his room. He'd colored on the side of his dresser, on a drawer front of the dresser, on a handle of the drawer, on his crib in several different spots, on his sheets, and on his basketball hoop. I'm sure he scribbled all over the walls too because he kept trying to show me where he had done that, but thank goodness his walls are navy blue (as high as he can reach) and therefore blue sharpie can't be seen. I was pretty annoyed when I saw the dresser because I was certain that wouldn't come off. Then Jack showed me his crib (I totally didn't notice that one, Jack pointed it out) and his sheets! In the end it all came out, except for the sheet, that is ruined. Oh well. But I do have to say that if I weren't a married woman, and Mr. Clean were a real man, I'd be pursuing that man like a cougar and a jack rabbit! Not only does he clean, but he's totally ripped, and I'm sure he smells good, like a clean bathroom. Oh, and I love those erasers. I don't use them more than twice a year, but when I do, they are miracle workers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment