CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 9: BYU Basketball Game

Today's post comes a little late, because it is tomorrow, but it's coming none the less. We went to the BYU v Air Force Basketball game last night, as we always do when BYU visits our home town. The kids were so excited! Shawn mentioned leaving Jack home, which the very thought of broke my heart.

When I was looking for a man, one of the things I kept an eye out for was a sports fan, so that he could spend some quality time with my little boys. Turns out that a sports obsession has it's disadvantages, but it is just as cute as I pictured it would be to watch my little boy getting into sports. Jack was in HEAVEN at this game. He sat on the bench next to his grandad and cheered his little heart out. He hasn't learned what the color Navy is called, so he sat and yelled at the players all night "Black ones make it! White ones miss!" So stinking cute! His eyes were the size of silver dollars and he couldn't clap his hands any faster!

We also had Lucy schooled on Jimmer. Both of the kids were cheering for Jimmer (which is adorable to hear an almost-2-year-old cheering), but Lucy learned that he was number 32, and almost fell off her seat every time she saw Jimmer catch or shoot the ball (he is a part of the family after all).

Alivia also made an appearance at the game tonight. Her aunt Adriana couldn't wait to hold her, and when her own kids demanded her attention, Grandad (Bob) was ready and waiting. After about ten minutes, Bob turns to me and says "I don't know who that was, hope you do. Might want to keep our eye on her." I look at him and realize that he isn't holding Alivia anymore, and is watching some lady walk up the bleachers. I was instantly confused because I had no idea who this person was, and she wasn't holding the baby. So I kept looking trying to see who my possibly mentally unstable father-in-law has passed my baby off to. Then Sister Marlor from church leans forward into my view, and she has Alivia. All was well, including Bob's mental stability.

It was a great night, my little boy melted my heart, Shawn's car didn't get stuck in the snow drift we had to park in, we got to watch Jimmer in person, and BYU DOMINATED. I did come away from it all a little sad though. I wish we were still in Provo. I wish we were there for all this Jimmer-mania, but also so that my little guy could go to more of these games. He loved them so much it actually hurt my heart. And since today is tomorrow, I know that he hasn't stopped talking about the "Black ones make it!" all day, and it actually kept him up as I put him to bed tonight (or tomorrow). At least I know I'm raising him right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment