CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 23: Tired?

My good friend Amanda called me today. I love when she calls. I think we both use our time on the phone with each other as a small escape from the craziness that surrounds us. Amanda has two adorable little girls, Ashlynn who is 2, almost 3, and Marley who is like 9 months. I wish I were as good as all my friends at remembering exactly when each of their kids birthdays are, but I'm a loser that way. Anyway, Amanda asked me today if I'm exhausted. I thought about if for a second and answered her with honesty. I said "No, I'm too busy to be tired." It's so true! Especially today.

I woke up this morning with a plan. Today was going to be day one of a routine for Alivia. The reason I was able to start my routine today is because Alivia decided to pull herself out of bed before 10:30. You know what I am learning about her? She is so not a morning person. She woke up screaming and wouldn't stop for about 10 minutes. But because it was 7:30, I saw a flickering hope are getting a routine going. So I got moving with all the other kids, put Jack on the potty, and decided to bathe Alivia. She was so not into that idea, it was too early for a bath. Jack had a successful trip to the potty, kind of. He just had a hard time pointing in the right direction, so his pajama pants got the brunt of it.

After calming Alivia down and feeding her and the kids, I decided to try something new with Jack. Just out of curiosity, I decided to see how he reacted to life without a diaper. I knew he would have an accident, and that's what I wanted to see his reaction to. Would he freak out when he realized he was soaking himself? The answer to that question is HECK NO. The kid couldn't care less. After about 20 minutes his pants and my couch were soaked and we quickly gave up for the day. On a positive note, my couch is really clean now.

Alivia had a much more successful day than Jack. She took to a routine in a beautiful way. By 9:00am she was down for her morning nap and I was on with my to do list. Oh how I love routines! It really is amazing how all babies come pretty much pre-programed once you get through those first 6 weeks. They are still all so different, but they come pre-programed in the sense that not a one of them should be awake for more than two hours at a time. It's such a wonderful thing to know. I'm looking forward to many more days of routine to come. Unfortunately tomorrow is going to be insane, so I'm sure her routine will get messed up, but we'll do our best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment