CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 30: Breaking My Rule

Alright everybody, I'm WAY breaking my own rule about being on the computer past 11, it's 12:30. I'm terrible. I really need to crack down on this one. Shawn was on here until just after 11 (so he broke my rule too), and I just spent the last hour and a half clipping coupons and planning my shopping for tomorrow. I honestly am so not kidding when I say I'm obsessed with this coupon thing, just in case you didn't figure that one out yet. Looks like I'll be loading up on more free toothpaste and body wash tomorrow, and I'll also get a great deal on some refried beans (if only one can), batteries, free toothbrushes, and pretty good deal on chips, diapers, applesauce, and my favorite apples. And that's just at Safeway and King Soopers. I won't even go to Walmart or Target tomorrow, where I have plenty of other awesome deals planned.

Today was kind of slow. Alivia had a great night last night, so I can't blame her for my 4 hours of sleep. She slept without waking up from about 8 or so until just before 5. Problem is, that at 5 she decided she was ready for her day, even though I wasn't. That's what I get for going to bed at 12:30 last night. Apparently I didn't learn my lesson because I'm about to be worse tonight. So I was up by 4:45 this morning. Then Shawn got up just before 7, and so did Jack. So I took care of Jack, and Lucy, then Alivia decided she was more than ready for her morning nap. So I laid down next to her (since if I put her down she wakes up after 3 minutes max, but if she falls asleep with me laying next to her, and then I get up and leave, she'll sleep for 2+ hours, we're working on setting bad habits here), because I knew she would be out in 2 minutes, and she was, only I was out in about 30 seconds. Next thing I knew it was 9:45. I jumped up to check on the kids who were being all too quiet. I came down stairs to find Jack had eaten a bread bowl on my family room rug, and Lucy decided to help herself to some dry oatmeal, which she also helped Jack dish out. You should have seen my dining room floor. Hey, at least they kept it at the table, and under it. Jack was also stinky, but it couldn't have been for long because I changed him at 8. I'm a terrible mom.

The rest of my day was spent tidying up, going to a couple furniture stores in search of a mattress for Lucy, and playing outside in an attempt to keep my house some what under control. Alivia was an angel today, and her little smiles melt all of us to puddles. Jack decided it was very important to stick his hand in my tail pipe again today, I don't know why he ALWAYS does that, but it's so annoying. He started doing it when he was about 18 months old. Stinker. Today he decided that sticking his hand in it wasn't enough, so he let go of the rock he was holding while his hand was in the tail pipe. Yeah, turns out getting a rock the size and shape of a golf ball out of your tail pipe isn't as easy as you might think it should be. Luckily I got it out, and HOPEFULLY Jack has learned this time that we can't do that, but I have my doubts. Jack also threw a brand new roll of toilet paper (yes, still on the roll) into the sink where I was soaking a blow out shirt of Alivias. Toilet paper didn't make it, but Jack did, even if it was just by the skin of his teeth.

Wish I could write more, but we're nearing the 1:00 hour, so I REALLY have to go to bed. Thursdays are crazy for me, and I'm trying to make tomorrow as crazy as ever in an attempt to get some shopping done with only 2 kids (while Lucy is at dance) instead of 3, so I really need my rest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment