CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 49: 20 Projects in 20 Days

I've decided that I need to spice up my blog. It's so great to have all these stories of everyday written down, but seriously, a picture says a thousand words. So starting today, I'm going to try to take a picture a day to help illustrate my life. Some days will be simple pictures of the kids, most days will be pictures of messes, and for the next 20 days, there will be pictures of projects! Get excited.

Today was a pajama day. Lucy came down with a little cold yesterday, so I knew we weren't going anywhere today. Jack was a little under the weather today too, so we spent the entire day in our pajamas. All of us, Alivia, Lucy, Jack, and I. As I spent my day in comfort, I did a lot of cleaning. I tend to keep my house in control on a level to level basis. I've been doing well with the main level, but the top floor has spiraled out of control this week. I hate my kids bathroom, do you hear me? I HATE IT!

While cleaning I happened to notice that I am TERRIBLE at finishing projects! I found no fewer than 12 half finished projects around the house today, and I've decided I absolutely have got to finish these. If I just get them done my house will feel so much more organized and under control. So, here you have it. I wrote down a list of 20 projects that I have started or have meant to start, and I will finish one a day for the next 20 days. Get excited, I know I am. I also know I'm in over my head, but I intend to make a lot of progress. Some of my projects are bigger than others. Some of my big projects are half done, so that helps. I was going to write my list down on here, but I've decided to keep it on a day by day basis, I find the suspense to be riveting!


Today's project was a planter box for my kitchen window which I planted basil, parsley, chives, and cilantro in. I've been meaning to get this thing started for 2 weeks now, but haven't known where to start. So tonight when I went to the Home Depot to have some boards for some other project's cut and to pick up some new closet rod hangers (our closet rod fell down in our closet because we have too many close and the weight broke the bracket), I saw the herb planter kit and was so excited. So after day one, project one is successfully completed! The seeds are planted and now I just have to watch them grow.


On another note, as I was cleaning today, I kept coming across Jack carrying around the center of a cinnamon roll. I didn't think much of it, we made cinnamon rolls yesterday. When I came down to the kitchen a while later, this is what I found. I thought it was too funny not to take document.



And the high light of my day... HALEY IS COMING!! I'm so excited! My best friend Haley is going to be out in Denver for a wedding the weekend of April 8th. When I found out about this I asked if there was any way I could see her. That's when she decided to come stay with me for a few days. I am so excited that the word excited does it no justice! I miss her so much and I'm so looking forward to all the fun we are going to have. You better believe I'm taking her dumpster diving for coupons, and we'll do it Haley style, the really fun way. Shawn is going to love us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment