CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 34: Alivia's Blessing

We blessed little Alivia today. It was so great to have Shawn's parents, Dave and Adriana, Chris, Steff, and two of her roommates down from Denver to celebrate this time with us. Alivia was BEAUTIFUL, even if I'm bias. We decided to do something a little funny with the blessing. Since we have 1:00 church and a storm was moving in, we decided it would be best to get together as a family before church and have a little brunch. Pam and I got it all planned out when we remembered that it was fast Sunday. We decided to go with it anyway and we'll all fast next week.

Before we headed out for church, Adriana and I got talking coupons. Adriana hooked my up with a ridiculous amount of coupons for which I am so grateful! Now I have to come up with a new strategy for sorting and storing, but I can't think of a better problem to have. I especially love getting coupons from her because they are the Denver coupons which turns out are much much better than the ones we get here in Colorado Springs.

After Sacrament Meeting all the Denver people headed north. I was so happy they could come. For Jack's blessing everyone got sick, so only Bob and Pam could make it. We were so grateful to have them, but it felt much more official to have everyone here today. Oh my goodness, Alivia was just heart melting! I wish my camera was working better so I could have gotten more pictures of her, but I'm sure I have plenty. It was just such a happy day. I'm so blessed to have my 3 babies and a husband who is worthy of the priesthood and dedicated to his family. I love seeing the man Shawn becomes as he turns 100% of his attention to his family and his church callings. I wish life would allow us to always focus on the most important things, but of course there are other areas that demand attention from us too, like jobs, and cleaning the house, and other mundane tasks. Oh well, what can you do? Besides, if we were always able to devote 100% of our attention to these things, we'd totally take it for granted. At least this way we can treasure the precious moments. I guess that's why they are precious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment