CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 35: Sewing Class

I have never been more excited in all my life to go to my sewing class. Granted, I've only had 4 sewing classes in my whole life, and the 4th was tonight. But none the less, I've never been more excited.

Today was one of those hard days when you kind of feel like your kids met in a huddle just before you woke up and drew up a game plan to find a way to push you past your brink. Oh, and I almost felt like the weather was in on that huddle too because we had a big storm blow in today (which I do love, as we all know), but that meant that Shawn had to drive the CRV because our Corolla can't be driven on bad roads as we learned in the infamous snow storm of December 30th. So I was trapped at home all day, with kids that were conspiring against me to see what amazing lengths I could be extended to.

There wasn't even anything that stands out in my mind as any one bad moment, my day was just a constant of tag team crying. Alivia covered most of the ground with this, but any moment she decided to tap out, Jack was right there to pick up the slack, and Lucy orchestrated it all nicely too. She was just extremely whiny and high maintenance. Jack was clumsy and tired, so he was constantly crying that something hurt, even if he didn't actually hurt himself, I think he cried about his head hurting because his blanket fell on it.

Once one o'clock hit, Jack finally drifted off to sleep and I was working on Alivia down. I'd successfully gotten her asleep about 50 times up to this point, but every time I even got within 10 feet of her cradle or tried to lay her down, she was wide awake and screaming. That's when I decided to give up. I didn't know what Lucy was doing, and I really didn't care at this point. I curled up on the couch, cradled Alivia in my arms, and watched her fall asleep. I knew I couldn't put her down, so I fell asleep with her.

When Shawn got home, his first comment was "Are you going to go to that tonight? The roads are pretty bad." I looked at him and said "I'm going. I AM GOING!" He just laughed and said, "Okay, have fun." There really is only so much crying you can take, and I took it today, but by 7:00 when my sewing class started, my patients quota was filled and then expired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment