CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 41: Busy Busy Busy

I decided today that Shawn and I have entered the time in our life when we are insanely busy. The problem about this realization is that I know it's only beginning, and it's only to get crazier from here. What's funny about this epiphany coming to me today is that Shawn was actually home this morning and had no meetings. Still, today, like everyday for the last few months, was just none stop. I wasn't running to stores or trying to get to dance or doctor's appointments, but my day was still filled with one thing after another.

I'm incredibly tired today. Shawn was lucky enough to sleep in a little today. I'm glad he got to, I can't remember the last time he was able to do that. But as a result of him sleeping in today, I'm going to bed, and it's 9:30. I'm that tired. Oh, and let it be known, kids so don't handle day light savings time very well. My kids actually did pretty good, they all slept an hour later (which means Alivia was up at 6am). But Jack could not figure out why we were putting him down for a nap today at 10:00 his time. He didn't fall asleep until 12:15 real time, and we had to wake him up to leave a half hour later. The kids in Primary and at church were all basket cases, mom's were all tired. I didn't get to sit through more than 20 minutes of church today, but that really didn't have anything to do with day light savings.

At the end of the day, I'm exhausted, and Shawn is pumped about the opening ceremonies of March Madness. I couldn't think of a more appropriate name for the event as I know that I'm about to lose my husband for the next several weeks. I will give him some credit, he's been doing his best to be extra helpful today, my dishes are done and he didn't complain or hesitate once when I asked him to do something for the kids. He's chipper and happy, and I know he feels terrible when he realizes it's the second time I've tried to get his attention. I'm seeing effort here, and that is encouraging. And I am excited about BYU's 3rd seat ranking, we're looking into going to the games (since they are here in Denver), and I'm going to make poster sized brackets for Shawn and I. Now to plan our week and try to keep Shawn grounded to reality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment