CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 55: A Day of Rest?

My day was insane from the moment I got going. I woke up peacefully this morning. Got the kids breakfast, worked with the baby, and then remembered it was Sunday, and that meant my coupons were waiting patiently on my driveway. I got really excited, but I didn't want to change out of my robe just to go get them. When I looked outside I noticed the ground was dusted with snow, and it was extremely foggy. Since I could hardly see the house across the street I went out in my robe to get my papers. That was only after I tried to send Jack out to get them. He made it two steps down the porch before his poor little feet froze through his pajamas. I'm such a bad mom.

After looking through my coupons with glee, I decided to get moving on the massive project that it is to get my herd ready for church. Seriously people, I've never been so thankful for 1:00 church in all my life. I poured Alivia's bath and took the time to enjoy her enjoying her bath. Her two favorite places in the whole world are her bath, and her changing table. I think she just likes being naked. She smiles and talks to me the entire time she is in either of these places. We were about 10 minutes into her bath when Shawn called me from his meeting at church. His was reminded by our home teacher that they were coming home teaching today, right now. Shawn said, "I'm on my way home, and they are following."

Well, remember how yesterday we were working in our yard? Do you know what yard work does for your house? Nothing is the answer to that. It takes so much energy out of you that you feel justified in slacking on the dishes and mopping the floor. So remember that huge breakfast we had yesterday? Yeah, still here. Oh, and me? I'm still in my bath robe. My kids are still in their pajamas, one is poopy I'm sure, and one is naked and in the tub. It was one of those moments where you say "Oooookkaayy. I've gotta go."

After hanging up the phone, I scrubbed Alivia as quickly as humanely possible, rushed her to her changing table and slapped a diaper on her bum. Then I ran down stairs, changed Jack's bum, and scrambled around my living room like a mad man picking up lose ends. Lucy was my little super hero here, she was such a help. Then I raced upstairs, threw Alivia in a dress, and jumped into one myself. I even got makeup on before our home teacher's showed up. I felt like Super Women.

We had a great lesson with the home teachers who happen to be our really good friends. We were even planning on going to dinner at their house that evening, but they had to cancel because Sheryl was sick. Once our home teachers left, we showered the kids, and tried to put Jack down for a nap. It didn't take, and thus beings our Sacrament Meeting Portion of our journey.

We got to church about mid way through the opening hymn. Shawn was about halfway sitting down when he realized there was only one priest up on the stand to bless the Sacrament. Shawn quickly recruited another Brother from our ward, and headed up to the front. At that moment Alivia started crying, and I got a wiff of Jack's bum. Yes, stinky diaper #2 of the day, and we hadn't even started the second verse of the opening hymn. So, I turned to Lucy and asked if she could wait here while I went to change Jack's diaper. She was not going for that. She didn't want to be left alone. Thank goodness her old Sunbeams teacher Sister Gaardner noticed my need for assistance and came my rescue. Much to Lucy's delight, she sat with her while I went and took care of the other two kids.

When I came back after changing Jack and feeding Alivia, Shawn was sitting with Lucy again because the Sacrament was over. We sat down and started to breath when Jack tripped over Lucy's foot and face planted into the chair leg. Shawn quickly took him out. A minute later Lucy had to go potty. The lady sitting behind me offered to hold Alivia while I took Lucy. When I came back, Shawn was walking the halls with a now crying Alivia who was apparently scared of the stranger. Shawn spent the rest of the meeting in the foyer. Jack and Lucy did better after this, if you don't count the 75,000 times they dropped their crayons on the floor making other people pick them up. Oh, and for the last 15 minutes of the meeting there was no containing Jack who could see his daddy out in the foyer, so he just kept wandering back and forth, in and out. Oh, and there was one "Jesus Christ! Amen!!!" yell from Jack in there too. Oh well. I apologized profusely to everyone we interrupted around us. Thank goodness they all seemed very understanding. I swear my kids have found humor in chaos, and they wait for the most inconvenient moments to unleash.

When I dropped Jack and Lucy off to Nursery and Primary, I came back into Sunday School and thought to myself, I have never been more thankful for Primary and Nursery in all my life. I enjoyed about 15 minutes of the lesson before Alivia was awake and ready to eat again. I spent the remainder of my time at church today in the mother's lounge.

When we came home we enjoyed a delicious roast dinner. I've never seen Lucy eat so many carrots in all my life, and I'm not going to complain! She left zero left overs. After dinner we sat down and watched "The Emperor's New Groove" together as a family. I love that movie and couldn't pass it up when I saw it at Walmart last night. The kids loved it too, and now we have a stronger connection with my family in Idaho, that is their favorite movie of all time.

Later tonight I went over to Jessica Stoddard's house because it was her birthday and her husband was working and she wanted to do some sewing and have a girls night. So that is what we did. I worked more on Project #4, which I'm getting very very close on, and I consider today as a whole to be Project #7, because that is what it was, one massive project, which I survived.

0 comments:

Post a Comment