CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 32: Moving

Today I spent the day taking apart cribs, and beds and moving all the toys out of the kids room. No, we're not moving or getting new carpet, heck we're no even getting the carpets cleaned. I just couldn't wait another day to set up Lucy's new bed and get Jack in his bed. I could not be happier with the results! It was a lot of work but has been a breath of fresh air. Jack's little room is so adorable with that little bed in it. We bought Jack a sports themed bed set (of course), and he LOVES it!

Lucy's room was a bit more of a challenge. Just to get the bed into her room, I had to take out pretty much everything in it. I quickly realized that not only was there not enough room for over half her toys, but the same went with Jack's room. So, I filled, and I mean FILLED our living room with the kids toys. Then I finished assembling Lucy's bed, which turned out adorable by the way, and set up the crib in her room, and moved on to the basement.

I had the idea weeks ago to turn the basement into a play room, I mean it's all finished except for carpet, why waste it? I knew there was no way we could get a twin bed in Lucy's room without losing most of her toys. I also knew how ugly it was going to be if I tried to get rid of any of these toys (I've gotten rid of several, but I have to do it slowly and in secret), so the only other place to put them was the basement. So as of this evening at 5:30, our basement is officially a play room. I had to go down and sweep it all up again (which is a pointless since there is a layer of construction and concrete dust that will NEVER go away), then I tried to mop it, but that doesn't work too well on concrete. Then I moved all the toys down. The basketball hoop, the car street rug, the kitchen, table and chairs, all the balls, the strollers, the dress up, puzzles, art stuff, cars, Little People set, you get the picture, everything! The kids spent about 3 hours down there tonight, they thought it was Christmas. I'll go clean it up again tomorrow.

But the kids rooms look great, and I am so happy with how it all turned out. That, and it will be so much easier to keep their rooms clean and cute now that 90% of the toys are out. Jack took an awesome nap this afternoon on his "Gig boy bed" and Lucy loved helping me set her bed up. I have never seen that girl more excited for bed than she was tonight. We watched our friends kids for them so they could go out on a date, and the kids played until 9 in the basement. But once our friends got here, Lucy didn't even want to say bye, she took off up those stairs and got in her pajamas so fast it was unbelievable. I can't blame her, I have the same giddy feeling, and I don't know why. I guess this is just something I have been trying to plan out since I found out I was pregnant with Alivia. It was one of my biggest concerns, how to get two girls in that room, and it just is so satisfying to see it now, and not just picture it. What a satisfying day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment