CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 54: Goodbye Bushes!!

Saturday was the day of project #6. So far so good, I've accomplished 6 projects in 6 days, and I'm loving what I'm getting done (I know, I know, project #4 was not finished yet, why are you people so critical?). Today (Saturday) I wasn't so sure which project to tackle. I had just decided to start on one when Shawn called me on his way home from choir practice. He was itching to do a project too. PERFECT! Shawn's idea was better than mine, so he stopped at the Home Depot and picked up a saw, a hedge cutter, and a good rake.

An hour later, after I cooked us all a smashing breakfast of french toast, hash browns, and bacon, we were outside taking out all our anger over our terrible back yard, on the hideous bushes that occupied so much of our space back there. Seriously, who ever thought that pine bushes were a good idea? They are terrible! I'm so not a fan of pine. I'm hoping to tackle our two large pine trees next weekend, but Conference might make that a little difficult. Moving on. Our 4 ugly bushes that I've hated since the day we toured our house, are no longer in our yard. We are slowly, ever so slowly making progress on that useless piece of our property. This is what we call sweat equity people. We're doing it!

After owning our bushes, I did a quick run to King Soopers where I hooked myself up with 12 free chocolate bars, 5 free bottles of Franks Hot Sauce, and a few other coupon hits. Then I headed to Walmart and picked up some meds for Shawn's acid reflex, and a Red Box. I was a big fan of the movie "The Next 3 Days", Russell Crow doesn't mess around. I think I just really enjoyed spending a night with Shawn and no interruptions. We've been so busy lately it just felt incredible to stay home and watch a movie together.

 I leave you today with a picture of Lucy in her work gloves standing in front of what use to be our bushes, at least one of them. She was so excited to help us. It was so cute to watch her sit on her bum like me and use her legs to help us get the roots out of the ground. Some day I know I am going to miss the say she narrates everything that is happening around her. She is one stinking cute stinker.

0 comments:

Post a Comment