CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 29: A Happy Day

I think I'm finally starting to consider myself adjusted to life with 3 kids. Yeah, it's hard, that's for darn sure. But honestly, the hardest part is just adjusting. Everything takes twice as long, especially getting in the car. I always think that I'm doing great on time to get anywhere, and then I remember that I have to load them all in. It's wicked crazy how challenging it is. But hey, in no more than 9 1/2 months, we'll upgrade to a minivan. I'm totally stoked about that! The thought of opening doors with the push of a button and watching Lucy an Jack climb into the car themselves pretty much brings a tear to my eye. That and I won't have to get annoyed whenever Shawn drives the car because I won't have to move the driver seat up to put the baby in. Yes, there is much to look forward to in my future with a minivan.

Today was full of Yoga, which yeah, still love it, and a massive coupon hunt down with my new friend Shay. I met Shay at church at the end of October. Then she was out of town for the entire last two months of the year, and I was gone the entire first month of this year, so I re-met her on Sunday. That is when we learned that we both share a new passion for coupons. When I saw her at Yoga today I mentioned that I was going on a coupon hunt down and she instantly volunteered to come with me. It made for a very fun morning, which yes, included digging through a recycling bin. We had mucho success! It will happen every Tuesday now I'm pretty sure.

Once we got home I continued to enjoy my clean house, and had such a great day with the kids. There were still plenty of tears from Alivia, Lucy still chatted up a storm, and Jack was pretty whinny today due to lack of sleep because of a missing pacifier, but the day was so perfect. I love my kids, I love being home with them, and I love getting to focus 100% on them. Now that I've just accepted their current challenges, I'm sure they'll dish up a whole batch of new ones to adjust to tomorrow, but hey, we can roll with the punches. I do think that a big key to my current optimism is that Shawn was able to stay home a lot more this weekend. That helped me so much, I needed that, even though I still feel bad that I asked him to miss his choir practice on Sunday night, it made a world of difference, so I owe him.

And now it's past 11, so I have to go. I've got a run to do in the morning. I'll let you know how that goes. Not going to lie, I'm really nervous about that, but I can't stand my stomach any more, it's totally making me sick. That and the small little Epic Relay that I have to start training for so it doesn't kill me in July. I can't die, I have three kids depending on me, so I better get my butt in gear and start training. Maybe I'll just get the throwing up over with tonight so I have one less thing to do in the morning...

0 comments:

Post a Comment