CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 50: Does Chaos Follow?

Wow, I can't believe I have been doing this for 50 days now. No, I have not been 100% on one post per day, but there has been a post for everyday none the less, I'm just a little late sometimes. It's honestly only happened about 3 times though, and two of those were because our computer is exploring it's retirement options.

So, Shawn texted me today to inform me that Chili's had a kids eat free special tonight. It doesn't take a lot to talk me into eating out. I should put my foot down more since I run the budget around here, but in my mind I was thinking "If Shawn want's to, then it must be alright." So, off to Chili's we went.

Shawn and I ordered off the 2 for $20 special, and the kids were free. Things were looking good, right up until we got our orders in. Then Lucy could not understand why her food didn't magically appear before her, and Jack learned to jump on our bench, which I'm sure annoyed the heck out of the people behind us. This is also when Alivia decided she had enough of smiling and being adorably sweet (something I have titled, the ten minute warning), and remembered that all that smiling puts her in a bad mood. So, she started crying. All this happened between the time we ordered our food, and when they brought out the queso.

Since our food hadn't come yet, I took the opportunity to run and nurse Alivia in the bathroom (something that is far less than pleasant, but she was sleeping when we left). When I came back the kids were happily snacking on chips and salsa and queso, so I joined in. Alivia was happy right up until the waitress arrived with our food. You might think I'm being dramatic, but this was the exact moment Alivia started screaming again. That was probably because the waitress accidentally dumped my salad on the floor and shattered the plate. I was totally fine with it, I understand, but what Shawn and I were not cool with was all the cussing that followed. We so didn't need her swearing up a storm in front of our kids, and that is exactly what she did.

Chili's did a great job, they had me a fresh salad in less than 5 minutes. Shawn was able to eat his food for that long, but as soon as salad #2 came, and I took one bit, Lucy said "I need to go potty!" So, I passed a screaming Alivia off to Shawn, and took her potty. I later heard that those 7 minutes that we were in the bathroom were the most humiliating minutes of Shawn's life. People all over the restaurant were looking around to see who had the screaming baby, but Shawn couldn't go anywhere because of Jack. So as soon as we got back, Shawn loaded Alivia into her car seat and went driving while the kids and I ate. I felt so bad. Our night out as a family was a total disaster. Needless to say, we will never be going out to a restaurant with our kids again. Not until they are 25 and older.

I will focus on the positive here though, because of the kids eat free deal, and the salad smashing on the floor, we were able to feed our entire family for the price of one. When they brought our bill out, Chili's paid for my salad, and for all our food we were billed $13. I did give our waiter a good tip because he handled everything so amazingly (and he didn't bring out our food, it was some chick, and she would not have gotten a good tip since she started swearing up a storm). I guess chaos is good in some ways?

The reason I ask if chaos follows is because I also tried to take the kids to Walgreens today. Lucy and Jack were OUT OF CONTROL!! Seriously, since Alivia was born, these two feel like they need to turn the volume up 25 notches at all times. Jack is constantly screaming at ear piercing levels, Lucy doesn't have an indoor voice (I'll be sitting right next to her on the couch and she yells everything she has to say right in my ear), and they are constantly, constantly running around! In the store Jack ran into the shelves in the isles 3 times! One of those times he was looking right at it and still walked right into it, to be honest, I'm a little concerned about his depth perception. Lucy also walked right into the cart because she wasn't watching where she was going. I'll be honest, I found this to be hilarious, but she is dramatic and all the screaming and tears made it far less entertaining. So in answer to my own question, no chaos doesn't follow. We are chaos.

So that was my day. But don't worry, I didn't forget about 20 projects in 20 days. Day 2's project was Jack's name for his room. I bought these letters when he was about a month old. They have sat in a hobby lobby bag every since. Today, I finished them off. I love how they turned out. No, they are not up on the wall yet, but no worries, one of my scheduled projects is to hang everything on the walls that hasn't made it up in the last year and a half since we bought our house. I know I'm pathetic, but I still have a box in my garage of framed pictures and wall hangings that hasn't even been unpacked! I'm finally going to give up on the dream of getting the walls painted first.





One last note: Please pray for us that our house doesn't blow away tonight. We've had INSANE winds since we moved here, but tonight easily takes the cake as the strongest, and therefore scariest winds so far. Our big living room window is squeaking so bad it sounds like it's slowly shimmying itself right out of it's opening. I've also never heard the winds shake our interior fireplace. The chimney has always done it's fair share of whistling and howling, but I'm hearing the metal insert in my family room shaking tonight. It's intense! Maybe we should sleep in the basement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment