CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 33: Under 20

(Due to computer issues, I have not posted in four days, our mouse wasn't working, and as it turns out, a computer is worthless if you don't have to proper tools to navigate it.)

Today I was sick. I was also trying to get the house ready for Alivia's blessing which is tomorrow, but it was pretty hard to get anything done when I didn't feel well. All and all the kids were really good, and I even got to leave them home with Shawn while I went shopping ALONE! Oh, it's been so long!

Actually, the annoying thing about going shopping alone today was that it was Saturday. I try my hardest to avoid Costco at any cost on Saturdays, but I had to go today. I had to take my vacuum back that I got in December (my Christmas gift from Grandma Turner) because it totally lost suction. Thank goodness Costco is awesome about returns even without a box or receipt. I got the same one, so hopefully it won't cause more problems, but if it does I'll take it back for a better one.

To start my day today, I woke up at 7:20 and took off to go run a two mile race. I was a little unsure of this due to the fact that 8 weeks ago I was pregnant! But I absolutely have to start training for this Epic Relay Shawn and I are doing in July or I will in fact die. So, I woke up, and jumped in my friend's car and off we went. It was a lot of fun (before we started running) because we had several people from our ward there, so we were all laughing and joking and in good moods. My goal was to run the whole thing. I have to be honest here, I have not run since Jack was about 6 months old, and I haven't been in shape since high school This race is the only realistic way I can see myself changing that. So, other than to run the whole thing, my expectations weren't all that high.

This was a 2 mile run that is held the first Saturday of every month. They give you a number and time you and everything, and then they compare your times to last months and the person who shaves the highest percentage of time off from month to month is the winner. I like my odds here, I have to be honest. I am happy to report that I did not walk, GO ME!!! And I was simply hoping for a time under 24 minutes (my expectations were really really low). But I did better than I thought I would do, but in admitting my time, I will admit to the world how terribly out of shape I actually am. I ran it in 18:58. I have to post that so that I have to post next month's too, so that I have to train, so that I don't humiliate myself again. Keep in mind this is a humiliating time for someone who once accidentally went to state in the two mile race. With that, let the training begin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment