CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 31: Eggs

Today was insane! There is no better more appropriate word to describe my day. Alivia decided she liked waking up at 5 so much yesterday that she went for it again this morning. Shawn was up by 5:30 and out the door by 6:15 to work. He had a crazy early interview this morning, which I totally don't understand the logic behind, I'm sure the candidate didn't come until 7, and they all had to be there by 6:30 to be ready, but seriously, I don' think the candidate was all to thrilled about coming that early either. I was exhausted this morning, but it was my own fault, I did stay up until 1 last night.

I finally got going by 9:30, and that's when I found out Lucy's new bunk bed had arrived at our local Walmart. Seriously, is there a better idea in all the world than free shipping from site to store? It makes online shopping possible. But the bed arriving meant it needed to be picked up. It also meant that I needed to purchase a mattress, and bedding for said bed, since Shawn and I haven't owned anything in the twin size in our entire married lives. Then after Jack's insanely long nap (and I put him down at 10:30 and he slept till 2, he was one tired little guy), we began our day of crazy shopping. We stopped at Safeway on the way to dance, and I remembered why I hate that store. Even when you feel like you are getting a really good deal, you're not, they are way too expensive. Then we quickly dropped Lucy off at dance and I ceased my window of opportunity to go to a store with 2 instead of three kids.

Our first stop was TJ Maxx. TJ Maxx is possibly my favorite store in the world for home goods. I LOVE it! I found a duvet cover that I fell in love with, and the pillows and all that fun stuff. It was all I could do to not buy it, but I would have dropped $110 on the duvet, and 3 pillows, so I knew it wasn't an option. But I did find Lucy a comforter in my first stop, so I was happy. Then I ran and made a car payment and rushed back to get Lucy. Once she was loaded we headed to Walmart to pick up our bed. I decided I should get all the other items I needed at Walmart before picking up the bed, so I grabbed a couple groceries, and headed to the bedding section. Do you know how expensive it is to move your kid out of the toddler bed into a real bed? It's ridiculous! First you have to buy the bed, then the mattress, then a mattress pad, pillows, and bedding. It really added up!

Anyway, we were in the bedding section at Walmart, and I was letting Lucy pick out her sheets since I picked out the comforter. She had it narrowed down to the Disney Princess sheets and some flower ones that matched her bed spread. Lucy heard me say that a pillow case was included as I read the back of the flower set (which really I was just checking to see what was included), and apparently that solidified her decision. She wanted nothing more to do with the princess sheets, even after I tried to talk her into them. As I turned to put back the princess set, I heard Lucy say "JACK!!! NO!!! Mom, Jack is eating an egg!" I went to the cart and sure enough, Jack has an egg in his hand that is totally mangled, and oozing all over the place. Yeah, my two year old boy took a bite out of a raw egg, shell and all. His face was really funny. He was pretty concerned about what had just happened. He was asking me with his eyes what was wrong with this egg, why was it all gooey and clear and shelley. I guess it never occurred to a two year old that you have to cook eggs to make them actually taste good, oh, and we don't actually eat the shells. This is something I thought he would have learned in all our baking days, but apparently he's always too anxious to pinch the batter to notice me throwing out the shells.

From there we pick up our beds, brought them home, and I went and bought a mattress without the kids. We'll probably set the beds up on Saturday, which is when we'll pick up the mattress too. That is if I can wait that long. I'm sure I'll bust into the box tomorrow and get Lucy's bed set up while Shawn is at work. I'm so impatient. I just don't want to do it all on Saturday because we are blessing Alivia on Sunday and I need Saturday to prepare for that. We'll see. I guess I'll go clean the house now so I can clean the basement out tomorrow and turn it into a play room. I'm excited.

0 comments:

Post a Comment