CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 37: Teething

Lucy and I had a fun day today. She helped me with a little coupon organization project I just got underway today and will be working on for the rest of my life. She was just so excited that I was letting her help me. It was so cute. Oh, and we worked out together today. I was using the medicine ball to do some ab workouts, and then I set it down and started doing other stuff when I looked over and Lucy was making up her own exercises with the ball. I love that girl. She is a fun workout buddy, she always had something to say.

Today, Jack woke up from his nap with a 102 fever. I felt so bad for him because when he woke up I was feeding Alivia and he wanted to rock so bad, but she had been screaming and I had just sat down to feed her when I heard him wake up. He was such a mess. So as soon as I could I handed Alivia over to Lucy who did such a good job helping me. I swear there are some days I know I would not be able to do this without her. Thank goodness she LOVES helping or I would be in big trouble.

So I held Jack and took his temperature, and gave him some Tylenol to start knocking that fever down. He kept saying that his tummy hurt, but I think he was just achy. Earlier today he would start crying and pointing to his check say that it hurt. That's when I realized he could be getting his 2-year old molars. So, I told him to open up and I reached back and touched his gum with the intention to push on it to see if I could feel a tooth. Yeah, he pulled away so fast, he did not want me anywhere near there. Poor little guy. Then he kept saying "Mowf huurt."

Luckily he perked up a bit once the Tylenol worked into his system. We spent a lot of time cuddling today wrapped in his favorite blanket. He was more than ready to go to bed by 6:30 and climbed in all by himself. He was out like a light when I checked him 10 minutes later. I hope this tooth pokes through soon, I hate when my kids are sick because I just want to make it all better and I can't, I have to be patient. Shawn was gone all day today too. Wednesdays are hard with Young Mens, but we're used to it. I just know Shawn hates days when he only sees the kids for dinner. So he spent about 20 minutes with Alivia just cuddling up in our room when he got home tonight. I got to do the same thing for about 30 minutes before he got home, so Alivia is feeling the love tonight. She was one cute little girl today. She is really starting to get social and she's had a couple of near laughing occasions. I love this stage as they build up the anticipation. She smiles a lot, but over all I think she is a pretty serious baby. Oh, and her checks are getting pinchable, and her eyes are the most amazing deep blue you have ever seen! She is plumping up and I love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment