CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 45: Up and Down

It was another one of those days that starts off pretty good, and then ends with an explosion of chaos. It was the first day of the tournament, so Shawn took the day off. He's taking tomorrow off too. Shawn bought tickets to the games for the first two rounds of the tournament since they are here in Denver AND BYU is playing here. I was a little bummed because he wanted to go to both games so bad that I gave up my ticket so that he could. As bummed as I am, this is Shawn's dream come true, so I'm so glad that he could go to the game tonight, and even happier that BYU won and is moving onto the next round so that Shawn can watch his team instead of some other team playing in BYU's place. I just wish I could go with him so that 1- he doesn't have to sit all by himself, because at that is what he is going to do. And 2- because Jimmer Fredette is legendary, and I hate missing out on this. I hate that in 20 years when we are telling our kids about this we won't be able to say "We went to that game." But it was too danged expensive for me to go too.

Anyway, since Shawn was going to the game today, and taking the day off, I told him (got that, I told him, it wasn't a question) that I was sleeping in this morning. Not only was I exhausted in general, but I can't remember the last time I got to sleep in. I guess I've slept until 9 a time or two since Alivia was born, but that was only as a result of being up for about 2-4 hours with Alivia. So as I laid down last night I was so excited that I was going to sleep in. Turns out though, Alivia had a different plan. She woke up at 4:30 this morning, and was awake until 7. As a result, so was I. Then Shawn got up with the kids sometime between 7:30 and 8, and Alivia was up again at 9. I was so mad that my sleeping in was ruined that I took her out to Shawn and went back to bed and didn't feel guilty about it for one second. Unfortunately, I don't feel rested at all today.

When I did wake up, Adriana filled me in on the latest coupon deals for the week. It's an AMAZING week for coupons. Then I came down stairs to find Alivia being an ANGEL in her swing, awake and happy, not making a peep. Lucy and Jack were playing in the play room, and Shawn was peacefully enjoying his day off. Why don't they do that for me? I was glad that Shawn was able to relax and enjoy a much needed day off, but honestly, it's a little annoying that they are so good for him, because they ARE NOT for me!

Shawn left today at about 1. As he kissed us all goodbye, Alivia was smiley and happy, something I love, but I have also learned that it's the 10 minute warning. Shawn shut the door and backed out of the drive way, and that's when Alivia started crying. She didn't stop until about 8:30 when I put her down and made her cry it out. Honestly, today might have been the worst she has ever ever been. She cried and cried up until we left for dance at 2:45. Then I thought she fell asleep in the car, but turns out, she didn't. So when I dropped Lucy off and ran to the store, guess what Alivia started doing again? Crying.

Crying the entire time Jack and I were are Target. Then she really freaked out when I put her back in the car. She cried the entire time I carried her down to Lucy's studio and back up to the car. She stopped crying long enough to eat, but started right back up when I buckled her into her seat. She cried the entire time we were at King Soopers, and became hysterical when I was checking out. I got the kids out to the car when I learned that Lucy had to go potty. So back into the store we went, Alivia crying all the more. I was okay with going back in for 3 reasons. 1- Lucy getting to a potty is always better than an accident in the car. 2- I've already mastered tuning Alivia out when she get's like this. 3- I saw some Wonka candy on clearance as managerial special, and I had coupons out in the car that made it free, so I got to go back in and get those. I'm going back for more tomorrow because I got 3 big old chocolate toffee Wonka bars, and I was actually paid $.20 to take each one. I also got 3 big old bags of the same kind of chocolate in bite size pieces for $.26 a piece, but when you subtract the $.20 I was paid for the bars, I only paid $.06 a bag. It was beautiful.

Back to Alivia. She cried half of the way home, and then I thought she finally drifted off, but nope, not yet. So when we got home she cried the entire time I fed the kids dinner and ate a bowl of Lucky Charms myself. Then I fed her again, and she started crying again. I put the kids to bed at 6:45 tonight. They were so good, but I could not handle all 3 by myself when Alivia was like that. At this point I decided to do the only thing I could think of to keep Alivia quite, so I nursed her the entire time I watched the BYU game. She eventually drifted off to sleep, but when I took her up to bed, the second I laid her down, she started crying even more. Then she puked an unbelievable amount since I nursed her so long. Then I held her a little longer while she cried and cried, and then I just made her cry it out. I'm glad she has a check up tomorrow so I can ask her doctor if this is normal, she is out of control.

Shawn will get home in the morning. I'm on my own tonight. Meh. At least they are all sleeping and I have more free chocolate to look forward to tomorrow. And as hard as it has been, I really am glad that Shawn got to go to these games. The timing is TERRIBLE, but this really is a once in a life time thing for Shawn, so I'm glad he can do it. When he get's back, I'm thinking about starting my own career so he can be a full time stay at home dad for a year, just to help him understand me on a deeper level.

0 comments:

Post a Comment